Is my BDE preseng?

Hello everyone,
I have to write a program that among other things checks if there is a BDE
present. Does anybody know how I can do that is such a way that it will work
on every machine, no mather ware the BDE is installed.

Thanks in Advance,
Ronald Hermans

Re:Is my BDE preseng?

You can look in the registry:

  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database engine

 To determine the path.
 -- -x
==============================
Xavier Pacheco (TeamB)
xav...@xapware.com

Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support
questions received via email.

Re:Is my BDE preseng?

Check the registry settings for the location of the BDE if the key is
present. If the BDE is installed, there should be a key like
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine

Woody

Ronald Hermans wrote in message <72c71p$7...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hello everyone,
>I have to write a program that among other things checks if there is
a BDE
>present. Does anybody know how I can do that is such a way that it
will work
>on every machine, no mather ware the BDE is installed.

>Thanks in Advance,
>Ronald Hermans

Other Threads