Spaces in TDatabase Params Path

If there is a space in the "Path=" setting of the TDatabase params,
tables will not connect.
"Path=R:\test\data 1" will not work the TDatabase will connect but when
you try to activate a table it fails with a "Invalid Path" error.

Is there a work around?

Steve

Re:Spaces in TDatabase Params Path

>f there is a space in the "Path=" setting of the TDatabase params,
>tables will not connect.
>"Path=R:\test\data 1" will not work the TDatabase will connect but when
>you try to activate a table it fails with a "Invalid Path" error.

>Is there a work around?

This works for me in Delphi 3.01

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Spaces in TDatabase Params Path

I'm using version 3.0 build 5.83
I drop a Tdatabase component and a ttable. I double click the TDatabase
set driver to Standard and add PATH=q:\test 4. I then connect the TTable
to the Tdatabase the Table Name property is populated with the proper
tables. I select a table and then try to set the Active Property to
true. I then recieve a "Invalid file name" error and the table will not
connect. I set it to Path=q:\test and it connects fine to that set of
tables.
I'm on a novell 4.11 network
This is also happening on a number of other machines we've sent a Beta
version out and a number of people(5) have run into the problem all in
different companies but they all run netware.
I also can't seem to get UNC's to work.
Anyone else have luck??

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:
> >f there is a space in the "Path=" setting of the TDatabase params,
> >tables will not connect.
> >"Path=R:\test\data 1" will not work the TDatabase will connect but
> when
> >you try to activate a table it fails with a "Invalid Path" error.

> >Is there a work around?

> This works for me in Delphi 3.01

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Spaces in TDatabase Params Path

>I'm on a novell 4.11 network
>This is also happening on a number of other machines we've sent a Beta
>version out and a number of people(5) have run into the problem all in
>different companies but they all run netware.

I tested on a local drive (Win95) and it worked there.  I don't have
access to Novel from home where I answer messages.
UNC directory specification works fine too.
I am using BDE 4.51 now that could possibly make a difference.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads