OUTPUT Params from Stored Procedures HELP MS SQL Server

I cannot read back OUTPUT Params from a stored procedure on SQL
I am using the Delphi 2.0 TSoredProc component.
I am building the params at runtime to work around the
  TSTOREDPROC params bug which is known.
I can pass and execute stored procs without problem.

I just can't seem to read back information from the
Output parameters.
I am using the retval := TSP.Params[1].AsString after the execProc.

What is the trick.

When I call the SP from iSQL it works perfect so I know the SP
is fine.

Thanks in advance Perry Malone Precyse Corp.