Ascii files in TTable

I tried to connect an ascii-file in a TTable component. This file
contains lines with various lengths, the first line is also the
shortest.
Unfortunately, when I try to navigate through the file the length of
"Field1" is the length of the first line in the file. When I try to
change it with the property "size" I get errors in "Field1"
Can Ascii-tables only be read with lines all the same length?
Or am I overlooking something?

TIA

Eric Schokker
Eric Schokker,

E-mail: Eric.Schok...@europsales.nl

Re:Ascii files in TTable

In article <52488d$...@news.NL.net> Eric.Schok...@europsales.nl (Eric Schokker) writes:
>From: Eric.Schok...@europsales.nl (Eric Schokker)
>Subject: Ascii files in TTable
>Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 20:40:20 GMT
>I tried to connect an ascii-file in a TTable component. This file
>contains lines with various lengths, the first line is also the
>shortest.
>Unfortunately, when I try to navigate through the file the length of
>"Field1" is the length of the first line in the file. When I try to
>change it with the property "size" I get errors in "Field1"
>Can Ascii-tables only be read with lines all the same length?
>Or am I overlooking something?
>TIA
>Eric Schokker
>Eric Schokker,
>E-mail: Eric.Schok...@europsales.nl

What does the .SCH file say ? Do you have a schema file - if not check out
asciidrv.txt, which is in Delphi\docs, well for D1 anyway

HTH

Boris Ingram, Cyborg Software
boris...@iafrica.com
100076.3...@compuserve.com