Help, having strange BGI-fonts.

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem. I'm working on a big application with Borland
Pascal.
All fonts that are used externally (with the CHR-files) are OK, but the
default font is not working. I assume this is because it is linked in the
executable.
I think that one solution will work: using a default-like font in
CHR-format.But.... I don't have a CHR-file that is the same as the default
font.

Does anyone have a default-font in CHR-format or any other solution.

Thanks in advance,

Jan Mennink.

Re:Help, having strange BGI-fonts.

In Article <988016842.586...@newsreader1.wirehub.nl "Jan Mennink"

  <janmenn...@roadware.nl wrote:
>Hi,

>I'm having a strange problem. I'm working on a big application with Borland
>Pascal.
>All fonts that are used externally (with the CHR-files) are OK, but the
>default font is not working. I assume this is because it is linked in the
>executable.

"Not working" are something that should not be used here. Instead
you should define the symptoms exactly. Do you have a problem
with all characters or just accented ones?

The default font uses two different sources for the characters.
The characters 0..127 are at fixed position in the main BIOS. The
upper characters 128..255 are either loaded from disk with
Graftabl or in EGA/VGA systems are in the VGA Bios.

Now if may be that in your system the 8x8 font is omitted from
the VGA memory in order to get something that the makers thought
were more important. In this case the font should be available
on disk.

The default font cannot be linked into the executable.

Maybe you should give some code (something short but working
(i.e. compiling)) and describe the symptoms in detail.

Osmo

Other Threads