Deskjet 320 paper margins: Delphi bug?

I have found that when ANYTHING is printed from a Delphi
app to my HP Deskjet 820Cse, the output is aligned
exactly with the top edge of the paper - no vertical margin
there.

This happens whether the output is Form1.Print or done
by writing to Printer.Canvas, and whether spooling or
writing raw to the printer.

Does not happen with a Laserjet.

Anybody seen this? Any hints how to fix it, or at least
where to start looking?

Thanks very much

Roger Ison
Mantic Software Corporation

Re:Deskjet 320 paper margins: Delphi bug?

"Roger E. Ison" <r_i...@manticsoft.com> wrote:

>I have found that when ANYTHING is printed from a Delphi
>app to my HP Deskjet 820Cse, the output is aligned
>exactly with the top edge of the paper - no vertical margin
>there.

>This happens whether the output is Form1.Print or done
>by writing to Printer.Canvas, and whether spooling or
>writing raw to the printer.

>Does not happen with a Laserjet.

>Anybody seen this? Any hints how to fix it, or at least
>where to start looking?

If at all this is not a Delphi bug but a printer driver bug (I have
had some miserable experience with some perfectly valid code that -
from time to time - did not work [well, that was BPW OWL code]). AFAI
can tell the printing margin code in Delphi itself works well.

Workaround: get a newer (or older!) printer driver.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Other Threads