Oracle Timeout Parameter

I am running a "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYTABLE" query on a very large Oracle
table.  My application stops responding (after about 15 seconds) because the
query is taking too much time to return the query.  I know other databases
(MS Server) have a timeout parameter that can be set in the BDE.  What can I
do with Oracle?

Mark.

Re:Oracle Timeout Parameter

I am running a "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYTABLE" query on a very large Oracle
table.  My application stops responding (after about 15 seconds) because the
query is taking too much time to return the query.  I know other databases
(MS Server) have a timeout parameter that can be set in the BDE.  What can I
do with Oracle?

Mark.

Re:Oracle Timeout Parameter

I am running a "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYTABLE" query on a very large Oracle
table.  My application stops responding (after about 15 seconds) because the
query is taking too much time to return the query.  I know other databases
(MS Server) have a timeout parameter that can be set in the BDE.  What can I
do with Oracle?

Mark.

Other Threads