Unusual recordset behavior

None of my other apps have experienced this before: When I call
TADOQuery.Close I get an Eof/Bof error.  When I trace the error it's coming
from Recordset.CancelUpdate, but I've never made any .New or .Update calls
(so it shouldn't issue the error).

I don't receive this when connecting to Oracle, only to Access 2000.  Would
it be db specific?

It's preventing the recordsets from closing the connections since Delphi
doesn't have any try/except or try/finally wrappers around the .CancelUpdate
call, and the Recordset.Close command is issued afterwards in the same block
of code.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Re:Unusual recordset behavior

This is a known problem with ADO 2.6 and ADOExpress. Download and install
ADOExpress service pack 2 from
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/mdac26.html.

Hello, "Sterling Bates" <no...@nowhere.com>! You wrote:

> None of my other apps have experienced this before: When I call
> TADOQuery.Close I get an Eof/Bof error.  When I trace the error it's
coming
> from Recordset.CancelUpdate, but I've never made any .New or .Update calls
> (so it shouldn't issue the error).

> I don't receive this when connecting to Oracle, only to Access 2000.
Would
> it be db specific?

> It's preventing the recordsets from closing the connections since Delphi
> doesn't have any try/except or try/finally wrappers around the
.CancelUpdate
> call, and the Recordset.Close command is issued afterwards in the same
block
> of code.

I'm quoting M.H. Avegaart's <avega...@NOSPAMmccomm.nl> message:

This is a know problem with ADO 2.6 and ADOExpress. It was fixed in update
pack 2 (download from http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/mdac26.html).

--
    Evgeny V. Levashov, software developer,
    ICQ UIN 34864288

Re:Unusual recordset behavior

Thanks MH.  My workaround in the meantime was to call
TADOQuery.Recordset.Close, then call TADOQuery.Close.  (It was only calling
Recordset.CancelUpdate [the culprit] if the recordset's State property was
Open.)

"M.H. Avegaart" <avega...@NOSPAMmccomm.nl> wrote in message

> This is a known problem with ADO 2.6 and ADOExpress. Download and install
> ADOExpress service pack 2 from
> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/mdac26.html.

> "Sterling Bates" <no...@nowhere.com> schreef in bericht
> > None of my other apps have experienced this before: When I call
> > TADOQuery.Close I get an Eof/Bof error.  When I trace the error it's
> coming
> > from Recordset.CancelUpdate, but I've never made any .New or .Update
calls
> > (so it shouldn't issue the error).

> > I don't receive this when connecting to Oracle, only to Access 2000.
> Would
> > it be db specific?

> > It's preventing the recordsets from closing the connections since Delphi
> > doesn't have any try/except or try/finally wrappers around the
> .CancelUpdate
> > call, and the Recordset.Close command is issued afterwards in the same
> block
> > of code.

> > Thanks for any help I can get.

Other Threads