D2: Get free GDI, USER-Resources

Is there any possibility to get free GDI- and USER-Ressources. In D1 it was
the statement

GetfreeSystemResources(GFSR_SYSTEMRESOURCES);

but this doesn't work under Delphi 2 (or is the needed API  for the 'uses'
clause not documented?)

Many Thanks

Klaus J. Uttendorf

Re:D2: Get free GDI, USER-Resources

I don't believe this is going to work under Win32.  The GetSystemInfo API
call will give you this kind of info, and other silimar commands.  The Win32
API has different fucntions than 16-bit Windows.  32 bit apps are created in
their own process space, with their own resources.  They are not globally
allocated as in Win16.

Chris.

Re:D2: Get free GDI, USER-Resources

> Is there any possibility to get free GDI- and USER-Ressources. In D1 it was
> the statement

> GetfreeSystemResources(GFSR_SYSTEMRESOURCES);

> but this doesn't work under Delphi 2 (or is the needed API  for the 'uses'
> clause not documented?)

Klaus,

Win32 has no equivalent since it does use the same type of resources as Win16
did. Win95 only has resource problems since its core is still 16 bit.

No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitely requested!

Other Threads