BDE 2.5 CITRIX METAFRAME WINDOWS 2000 TERMINAL SERVER

We are trying to run a product from Qqest called Manager Plus which uses the
Borland BDE version 2.52.  We have it installed on a Windows 2000 Terminal
Server running CITRIX METAFRAME and the following is the problem:

When one user is logged in and has the application open everything is fine.
I can even log in with the same user name in another session and open the
application with no problem.  When I log in as another user, I get BDE Error
$2B0F.  If I log off all users and log in as a different user, that user can
open as many sessions with no problem, but now if I log in as the first user
I get the error message again.

What I am asking is exactly how to install the BDE onto a Windows 2000
Terminal Server running CITRIX METAFRAM so the NET and the LCK files are inn
their proper locations so I can have each user log in under their own name
and run the application insted of haveing all my users log in under one user
name to run the application.

Please help

Anthony Laudani

Re:BDE 2.5 CITRIX METAFRAME WINDOWS 2000 TERMINAL SERVER

BDE 2.52 is the 16 bit BDE so you are trying to run a very old 16 bit app
under Terminal Server. In the 32 bit BDE $2B0F is "device does not exist".
The only advice I can give you is to make sure the BDE is configured as
described in http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15247,00.html and
see if that helps. You may also want to contact the software vendor and see
if they can help.

--
Bill

Re:BDE 2.5 CITRIX METAFRAME WINDOWS 2000 TERMINAL SERVER

Searching for other answers I came across this technical bulletin on the MS
knowledge base:

Q231798 - Access Database with Multiple Users Slow on Terminal Server

This document also references:

Q190162 Terminal Server and the 2048 Open File Limitation

and

Q191370 Slow Network Performance with Terminal Server

Regards,

EricR

"Anthony" <laud...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac4a79a_1@dnews...
> We are trying to run a product from Qqest called Manager Plus which uses
the
> Borland BDE version 2.52.  We have it installed on a Windows 2000 Terminal
> Server running CITRIX METAFRAME and the following is the problem:

> When one user is logged in and has the application open everything is
fine.
> I can even log in with the same user name in another session and open the
> application with no problem.  When I log in as another user, I get BDE
Error
> $2B0F.  If I log off all users and log in as a different user, that user
can
> open as many sessions with no problem, but now if I log in as the first
user
> I get the error message again.

> What I am asking is exactly how to install the BDE onto a Windows 2000
> Terminal Server running CITRIX METAFRAM so the NET and the LCK files are
inn
> their proper locations so I can have each user log in under their own name
> and run the application insted of haveing all my users log in under one
user
> name to run the application.

> Please help

> Anthony Laudani