Need help fixing a table when Application crashed with Table Open

My application crashed when I had a table open and I seem to have lost all
of my data. Neither my program or the DBD shows that my table has any data
in it, yet the size of the file is 44k.  Please show me with instructions
how to restore the data that I had in my file or suggest a way around the
problem.  The repeatable crash has been fixed, so it will not happen again,
but I worry about the same behavior occurring in the future.

Other notes: The crash occured after useful data was put into the table that
required a bit of labor, and before say an evening backup so backing up the
data at this point is not a viable option. The latest version of the program
allows users to backup their data.