DB-error running from CD-ROM

Hi all,

  I'm trying to run my D3 program with a Paradox BDE Database from a
CD-ROM. It's killing me! Every time I try to make a little query I get
this weird message :

-----------------------> start of cut
 Invalid Parameter
Permission Denied
File : ..\_QSQ1.MB
Table: ..\_QSQ1.DB
File or directory does not exist
File : ..\_QSQ2.MB
Table: ..\_QSQ2.DB
File : ..\_QSQ3.MB
Table: ..\_QSQ3.DB
<--------------------------- end of cut

 I wonder if its some temporary files that BDE is trying to create on
my CD-ROM ???
 Its not any of my database files or tables.

 When I run the program from my harddisk, its working fine. At least
as long as the directory isnt write-protected.

 How do I get out of this mess ?

thanks in advance for any help

regards

Allan Krings

e-mail: allan.kri...@get2net.dk

Re:DB-error running from CD-ROM

Allan Paul Krings (allan.kri...@get2net.dk) wrote:
:  I wonder if its some temporary files that BDE is trying to create on
: my CD-ROM ???

:  When I run the program from my harddisk, its working fine. At least
: as long as the directory isnt write-protected.

Yes, the _qsql* files are temporary files for the queries, which
the BDE is trying to create in the same directory as the executable.
I don't know if there's any way to run the executable from a
read-only directory, such as on a CD-ROM, but tell the BDE to
create its temporary files elsewhere.  If anyone knows of a way,
I would also be curious to know what it is.
Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net

Re:DB-error running from CD-ROM

I think to remember you can set the directory with BDECFG in the paradox
driver settings.

Dirk

Richard Carter wrote:
> Allan Paul Krings (allan.kri...@get2net.dk) wrote:
> :  I wonder if its some temporary files that BDE is trying to create on
> : my CD-ROM ???

> :  When I run the program from my harddisk, its working fine. At least
> : as long as the directory isnt write-protected.

> Yes, the _qsql* files are temporary files for the queries, which
> the BDE is trying to create in the same directory as the executable.
> I don't know if there's any way to run the executable from a
> read-only directory, such as on a CD-ROM, but tell the BDE to
> create its temporary files elsewhere.  If anyone knows of a way,
> I would also be curious to know what it is.
> --
> Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net

Re:DB-error running from CD-ROM

In the session control is the temp file location set it with a full path and
name. I believe.
Allan Paul Krings wrote in message <35cb3f61.2701...@news.get2net.dk>...
>Hi all,

>  I'm trying to run my D3 program with a Paradox BDE Database from a
>CD-ROM. It's killing me! Every time I try to make a little query I get
>this weird message :

>-----------------------> start of cut
> Invalid Parameter
>Permission Denied
>File : ..\_QSQ1.MB
>Table: ..\_QSQ1.DB
>File or directory does not exist
>File : ..\_QSQ2.MB
>Table: ..\_QSQ2.DB
>File : ..\_QSQ3.MB
>Table: ..\_QSQ3.DB
><--------------------------- end of cut

> I wonder if its some temporary files that BDE is trying to create on
>my CD-ROM ???
> Its not any of my database files or tables.

> When I run the program from my harddisk, its working fine. At least
>as long as the directory isnt write-protected.

> How do I get out of this mess ?

>thanks in advance for any help

>regards

>Allan Krings