BLOB handle troubles

Hi,

I've got me a DBGrid with slightly modified drawcell, so that it knows how
to draw a bitmap recieved as a BLOB field from the database.
Forward scrolling is working fine.  When I'm trying fast backward scrolling
I receive, after a move of about 50 records, this {*word*193} message about a bad
BLOB handle.  The query is not indexed so refresh doesn't work, and resync
does ave bizzare consequences.

I've noticed that a close question was answered sometime ago in this
newsgroup, but i'm unable to fetch the message,   so
Please HELP

omers

Re:BLOB handle troubles

On 4 Jan 1998 06:14:27 GMT, <con...@netvision.net.il> wrote:

>Hi,

>I've got me a DBGrid with slightly modified drawcell, so that it knows how
>to draw a bitmap recieved as a BLOB field from the database.
>Forward scrolling is working fine.  When I'm trying fast backward scrolling
>I receive, after a move of about 50 records, this {*word*193} message about a bad
>BLOB handle.  The query is not indexed so refresh doesn't work, and resync
>does ave bizzare consequences.

>I've noticed that a close question was answered sometime ago in this
>newsgroup, but i'm unable to fetch the message,   so
>Please HELP

>omers

Omers,

        Inside the BDE configuration program, go to the database you
are working with and modify the Blobs to Cache parameter. This
controls the maximum amount of blob records that can be read in. I had
the same exact problem and that fixed it.

                                                Good Luck,
                                                        Mike

Other Threads