CachedUpdates, what a pain in the neck...!!!

I have also noticed the following:

If cached updates are used with a non-live query, if updates are
applied using ApplyUpdates and UpdateSQL object, I always get an
error message "update failed". But if I do the *same* query as
listed in the UpdateSQL object in the onUpdateRecord event, it
just goes thru. So, I don't know what BDE senses as the failure
that it always rolls back in the automatic UpdateSQL scenerio.

In my test environment, there is only one user and no other back-
ground process is changing the records on the Oracle server either.

Weird!!!!

Regards,
Nasir (nn...@cris.com)