REQ: info about the CRT unit in TP7 and BPW 7.0

   I know the answer you're seeking, but your e-mail name/handle is so
offensive I just won't bother... <sigh>

In article <371ea7aa.967...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>, {*word*30}-
spamm...@nospam.com says...

> I have both Turbo Pascal 7 and Borland Pascal for Windows  7 .
> When i try to use any function from the CRT unit i get a compilation
> error. For example the example
> program example;
>     uses crt;
>     begin write ('whatever');
>           delay(10000);
>     end.
>  will compile fine in TP7 but BPW7 does not recognize the crt unit
> telling me it didnt find the file crt.tpw.
> what's wrong with BPW 7? i know there's a runtime bug with the CRT
> unit but this is a compilation error ...
> how can i get this right? the bin and units folders are in the path so
> i dont see any reason for this error.
> any suggestions?

   Yes: get a life and grow up.  This is an {*word*62} and mostly gentile
NewsGroup, but you've sullied it by your post.

> thanks.

   Sure...

Re:REQ: info about the CRT unit in TP7 and BPW 7.0

[asinine moniker] wrote:
> I have both Turbo Pascal 7 and Borland Pascal for Windows  7 .
> When i try to use any function from the CRT unit i get a compilation
> error. For example the example

> program example;
>     uses crt;

>     begin write ('whatever');
>           delay(10000);

>     end.

>  will compile fine in TP7 but BPW7 does not recognize the crt unit
> telling me it didnt find the file crt.tpw.

Well of course not.  There *is* no CRT.TPW, i.e., a CRT unit for Windows -- if
you want to compile using the CRT unit with BP7, set your compile target to
real or protected mode.

> what's wrong with BPW 7? i know there's a runtime bug with the CRT
> unit but this is a compilation error ...

Nothing is wrong with BPW7.  PEBKAC

> how can i get this right? the bin and units folders are in the path so
> i dont see any reason for this error.

> any suggestions?

Uhm . . . reading the manual perhaps?

In article <371ea7aa.967...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>, {*word*30}-spamm...@nospam.com ({*word*30}-spammer) wrote:
>what's wrong with BPW 7? i know there's a runtime bug with the CRT
>unit but this is a compilation error ...

Set Compile/Target to "Real mode application".

--
Low life / High tech   -   http://www.iki.fi/pemakine/
If you want to reply by E-mail, please remove the ".MAPS-ON"

Re:REQ: info about the CRT unit in TP7 and BPW 7.0

Quoting a message by {*word*30}-spamm...@nospam.com ({*word*30}-spammer) in
comp.lang.pascal.borland:

Ignore Mr. Copeland's response. He has a bug up his ass and an extreme
superiority problem. Now, the answer and solution;

>I have both Turbo Pascal 7 and Borland Pascal for Windows  7 .
>When i try to use any function from the CRT unit i get a compilation
>error. For example the example

>program example;
>    uses crt;

Your problem is right here. BPW doesn't have a CRT unit, but instead a
WinCrt unit.

To make this snippet compile, you should $IFDEF your unit declarations
like so;

uses
  {$IFDEF WINDOWS}
  WinCrt;
  {$ELSE}
  Crt;
  {$ENDIF}

Look up WINDOWS, and MSDOS in your online help file to find out more
about these compiler directives.

--

= Stewart Honsberger (AKA Blackdeath)
= Web: http://sprk.com/blackdeath ICQ UIN: 3484915

... Reality is for those that can't handle {*word*110}.
-!- GOPGP/2 v1.23

Other Threads