Optional Feature Not Implemented

I am using SQL7.0 and receive the following error when I run a query that
passes parameters: "Optional Feature not Implemented".  I have checked the
Microsoft knowledge base on this and have verified that I am running the SQL
driver version requied in ODBC.  This error occurs on every machine that I
have except one laptop.  This laptop is also running the same SQL driver
version as the others.  Also, I am not receiving any errors in MS Access
when I connect as a client to SQL database which the papers suggest if there
is a version problem (just testing to see if the problem is in ODBC).  The
only occurs when I use Delphi 5.0 and the ADO query component with
parameters.  Any thought and suggestions would be appreciated.

Dale A. Young

Re:Optional Feature Not Implemented

When building your ConnectionString, on the Provider tab select the OLE DB
Provider for SQL Server, rather than the one for ODBC, and see if that
helps.

Andy Mackie.

Young Angus Ranch <da...@inetnebr.com> wrote in message

> I am using SQL7.0 and receive the following error when I run a query that
> passes parameters: "Optional Feature not Implemented".  I have checked the
> Microsoft knowledge base on this and have verified that I am running the
SQL
> driver version requied in ODBC.  This error occurs on every machine that I
> have except one laptop.  This laptop is also running the same SQL driver
> version as the others.  Also, I am not receiving any errors in MS Access
> when I connect as a client to SQL database which the papers suggest if
there
> is a version problem (just testing to see if the problem is in ODBC).  The
> only occurs when I use Delphi 5.0 and the ADO query component with
> parameters.  Any thought and suggestions would be appreciated.

> Dale A. Young

Re:Optional Feature Not Implemented

>I am using SQL7.0 and receive the following error when I run a query that
>passes parameters: "Optional Feature not Implemented".  I have checked the
>Microsoft knowledge base on this and have verified that I am running the SQL
>driver version requied in ODBC.

There are quite a few features in ADO that are not supported when you use an
ODBC driver.  Its difficult to know what is the exact cause with out knowing
exactly what triggers the error and what all your settings are.
You would be much better off using the Ole DB provider for SQL.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Optional Feature Not Implemented

What version of MDAC are you running? You might try installing the
latest version.

--

My reply-to address is purposely mangled to thwart auto-reply bots.
Please remove the two leading underscores if you wish to reply via

Other Threads