Detecting an empty db exception on deletion

Setup: NT, Delphi 4, Paradox db, Infopower components

When a user attempts to delete a record from an empty database by
control-delete on the grid, the empty database exception is triggered by
the BDE _BEFORE_ the beforeDelete() method is triggered.

The onDeleteError methos isn't triggered at all in this case.

Does anyone have any suggestions for intercepting that case so I can
publish my own error message instead of the underlying system one?

Thanks!
--
Beth Weiss
bethwe...@my-dejanews.com