UDP sockets component?

Is there a good freeware UDP component for D3/D5? I found the one by
Frank Dekervel but it has some bugs and I don't think it's being
developed any more. Thanks.

Re:UDP sockets component?

Use either:

ICS (http://users.swing.be/francois.piette/indexuk.htm)
or
Indy (http://www.nevrona.com/Indy/)

"Null A.N.D. Void" <v...@null.com> schreef in bericht

> Is there a good freeware UDP component for D3/D5? I found the one by
> Frank Dekervel but it has some bugs and I don't think it's being
> developed any more. Thanks.

Re:UDP sockets component?

"M.H. Avegaart" <avegaartNOS...@mccomm.nl> wrote:

Thanks. ICS works perfectly!
>Use either:

>ICS (http://users.swing.be/francois.piette/indexuk.htm)
>or
>Indy (http://www.nevrona.com/Indy/)

>"Null A.N.D. Void" <v...@null.com> schreef in bericht
>> Is there a good freeware UDP component for D3/D5? I found the one by
>> Frank Dekervel but it has some bugs and I don't think it's being
>> developed any more. Thanks.

Re:UDP sockets component?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:59:38 GMT, v...@null.com (Null A.N.D. Void)
wrote:

>"M.H. Avegaart" <avegaartNOS...@mccomm.nl> wrote:

>Thanks. ICS works perfectly!

I spoke too soon. It works on some computers, does not work on others!
I tried it on 8 NT4/2000 machines. About half the connections work.
The one Win95 machine not only works but generates Send exceptions. I
set up the sockets, one client socket to each machine that does the
sending and one server socket to do the listening:

  CSock[i]:=TWSocket.Create(NIL);
  With CSock[i] Do
  Begin
    Proto:='udp';
    Port:=IntToStr(9999);
    LocalPort:='0';
    Addr:=<destination ip[i]>
  Connect;
  End;

  SSock:=TWSocket.Create(NIL);
  With SSock Do
  Begin
    Proto := 'udp';
    Addr  := '0.0.0.0';
    Port  := IntToStr(9999);
    Listen;
  End;

To send to a machine i, I do:

  If CSock[i].State = wsConnected Then CSock[i].SendStr(TextToSend);

And I also receive the text on the OnDataAvailable handler of the
server socket.

Am I doing things correctly? Can I get away with one server socket and
one client socket that sends to any one of the N computers, ie
SendText('192.1.1.5','Test')? Shoul I use N client and N server
sockets? Thanks.

>>Use either:

>>ICS (http://users.swing.be/francois.piette/indexuk.htm)
>>or
>>Indy (http://www.nevrona.com/Indy/)

>>"Null A.N.D. Void" <v...@null.com> schreef in bericht
>>> Is there a good freeware UDP component for D3/D5? I found the one by
>>> Frank Dekervel but it has some bugs and I don't think it's being
>>> developed any more. Thanks.

Other Threads