D2: Help Needed - Changing Display Settings

I need some advice/help.

I have some Magical School Bus (Microsoft) software that will not run
unless the screen is fixed to 256 colours.  I really hesitate to show my
kids how to modify the Display Setting tabs to set the color palette to
256-colours and then back again to 32-bit colours once they exit the games.

Can this be done through a Windows API call?  I have Delphi 2 Developper.

Thank you for the assistance.

--
Denis Boucher
Hull, Qubec

Re:D2: Help Needed - Changing Display Settings

I should have added.... I'm running Windows 98 Second Edition; the video
card is an ATI XPert'98 AGP with 8 MBytes RAM.

Denis Boucher (ax...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) writes:
> I need some advice/help.

> I have some Magical School Bus (Microsoft) software that will not run
> unless the screen is fixed to 256 colours.  I really hesitate to show my
> kids how to modify the Display Setting tabs to set the color palette to
> 256-colours and then back again to 32-bit colours once they exit the games.

> Can this be done through a Windows API call?  I have Delphi 2 Developper.

> Thank you for the assistance.

--
Denis Boucher
Hull, Qubec
CANADA

Re:D2: Help Needed - Changing Display Settings

Denis,

Take a look at the function 'ChangeDisplaySettings' in the Win32 Programmer's
Reference help file that comes with Delphi.  This is an API function that will
do the trick.

-David B.

Other Threads