PLEASE HELP TTCP Problems

I have been trying to use the TTCP component on the internet pallete of
delphi3 and I am getting a strange response once I have used the client
once. The second time the client is used it generates an 'address in use'
error message, through the IDE de{*word*81} this manifests itself as an
EOleException. If I wait several minutes I can reuse the client to connect
to the server once again.

This happens when using the client and server on one machine and when using
the client and server on different machines. As far as I know (and I have
double checked everywhere) both the client and server are closed when the
first connection has finished.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this effect.

I then tried to use a TClientSocket instead, however this caused an
exception 10049 which is address unreachable to be generated at connect time
(admittedly I did not have the server running at this point in time).
However, why is this error not translated into a delphi error code and
trapped by the Error handler for the TCP Client.

Thanks in advance

Martin

--
  Martin Walters - MWSoftware