Trap mouse activity over icon in system icon tray

I have an application which puts an icon in the system tray, then hides
itself. Does anyone know how I can trap mouse actions when the pointer is
over the icon so I can bring the application's form up on a mouse click, or
display a title on mouse over?

Tia,

JJ.

--
Email: jjqu...@foxtrot.co.uk
Homepage: http://www.foxtrot.dircon.co.uk/

Re:Trap mouse activity over icon in system icon tray

Jonathan J Quick wrote:

> I have an application which puts an icon in the system tray, then hides
> itself. Does anyone know how I can trap mouse actions when the pointer is
> over the icon so I can bring the application's form up on a mouse click, or
> display a title on mouse over?

> Tia,

> JJ.

> --
> Email: jjqu...@foxtrot.co.uk
> Homepage: http://www.foxtrot.dircon.co.uk/
> Company page: http://www.asgard.dircon.co.uk/

There is a freeware set of Delphi Components call RX Library (available
on the Delphi Super Page or from thier website :
http://rx.unionjv.ru)that comes with complete source code.

In the array of components is a TrayIcon component..

In that class there is a couple of methods :

procedure TRxTrayIcon.Activate;

and

procedure TRxTrayIcon.UpdateNotifyData;

I believe the conjunction of those two methods contain the code that
gets the job done..

Hope that helps!

Rkr

--