FOR SALE: Delphi Developer 2.0 $300 US / $410 CAN

You cannot sell the other CD legally.  You own only one license to the
product regardless if two CD's were included in the box.

Re:FOR SALE: Delphi Developer 2.0 $300 US / $410 CAN

I have an extra Delphi Developer 2.0 CD-ROM for sale. I *just* (yesterday) got
my shipment of Delphi Dev 2.0 from Borland and was happily surprised to find
TWO CDs in the box. One is the original CD that was in there and it seems
Borland also threw in the update CD for me(to save shipping costs...aren't
they nice?). So I want to sell the original CD (Which I installed first not
knowing which CD was which...it works great!). Here's a chance for some lucky
programmer to get a PERFECTLY NEW AND WORKING CD for a *heck* of a lot less
than retail prices. For example, Computer Discount Warehouse (www.cdw.com)
sells this product for a whopping $525.54 US, or $720 CAN (item #63254)!!
I want only $300 US (or $410 Canadian). Note that I can't give you the
manuals, but the help files are almost exact copies (with full text search, I
might add!) and are part of the CD. Also remember: Delphi 1.02 in all its
Windows 3.1 developing glory is INCLUDED on the CD, with manuals in adobe
acrobat format (with reader)!

Let me know if you're interested. This will go fast!

Kris Wilk
ReefNet Software

Re:FOR SALE: Delphi Developer 2.0 $300 US / $410 CAN

>I have an extra Delphi Developer 2.0 CD-ROM for sale. I *just* (yesterday) got
>my shipment of Delphi Dev 2.0 from Borland and was happily surprised to find
>TWO CDs in the box. One is the original CD that was in there and it seems
>Borland also threw in the update CD for me(to save shipping costs...aren't
>they nice?). So I want to sell the original CD (Which I installed first not
>knowing which CD was which...it works great!). Here's a chance for some lucky
>programmer to get a PERFECTLY NEW AND WORKING CD for

[SNIP]

To all those on this group, I wish to give you all a *VERY LARGE APOLOGY*. I
must say that I didn't read the licensing papers that came with my software,
and now realize my grave mistake in trying to sell the extra CD of mine. I
*vehemently* oppose piracy, being a starting programmer myself, and want to
make it clear to you all that I am not a pirate. I just hope that all of you
can try to forgive me for what I unknowingly implied about myself with my
admittedly *stupid* first message. Needless to say, I am NOT selling my old
copy of Delphi 2.0. I have instead chosen to destroy it.

My most sincere and heartfelt apologies,

Kris Wilk
ReefNet Software

In article <19960724215916....@{*word*104}nw.com>, n...@{*word*104}nw.com (J. Norsworthy) wrote:
>You cannot sell the other CD legally.  You own only one license to the
>product regardless if two CD's were included in the box.

Let me first say thank you for pointing out my error so quickly (as many other
did). The following is the message I have posted in all locations where my
original message appeared. Please accept my apologies - I hope you can forgive
me. I couldn't feel much worse right about now.

Kris Wilk

~~~~~~~~~~~
To all those on this list, I wish to give you all a *VERY LARGE APOLOGY*. I
must say that I didn't read the licensing papers that came with my software,
and now realize my grave mistake in trying to sell the extra CD of mine. I
*vehemently* oppose piracy, being a starting programmer myself, and want to
make it clear to you all that I am not a pirate. I just hope that all of you
can try to forgive me for what I unknowingly implied about myself with my
admittedly *stupid* first message. Needless to say, I am NOT selling my old
copy of Delphi 2.0. I have instead chosen to destroy it.

My most sincere and heartfelt apologies,

Kris Wilk
ReefNet Software
~~~~~~~~~~~

Re:FOR SALE: Delphi Developer 2.0 $300 US / $410 CAN

Hi reef...@interlog.com,

 r> I have an extra Delphi Developer 2.0 CD-ROM for sale. I *just*
 r> (yesterday) got my shipment of Delphi Dev 2.0 from Borland and
 r> was happily surprised to find TWO CDs in the box. One is the
 r> original CD that was in there and it seems Borland also threw in
 r> the update CD for me(to save shipping costs...aren't they nice?).
 r> So I want to sell the original CD.

You are only allowed to use the update CD if you are the owner of the
original CD. So by selling your original CD you give up your rights to use
the update CD. I don't think that's what you want.

Regards,
Arjan

Arjan J. Moraal            |  Paninaro Development
ajmor...@paninaro.iaf.nl   |  Groningen, The Netherlands
                           |  Email: i...@paninaro.iaf.nl

Re:FOR SALE: Delphi Developer 2.0 $300 US / $410 CAN

reef...@interlog.com wrote:

you should quit looking at overpriced catalogs. D2 developer is $289
US with all docs included at most retail stores. D1 is $89 US.
Don't try to rip people off!

In article <03f_9607251...@paninaro.iaf.nl>, ajmor...@paninaro.iaf.nl (Arjan J. Moraal) wrote:

>Hi reef...@interlog.com,

> r> I have an extra Delphi Developer 2.0 CD-ROM for sale. I *just*
> r> (yesterday) got my shipment of Delphi Dev 2.0 from Borland and
> r> was happily surprised to find TWO CDs in the box. One is the
> r> original CD that was in there and it seems Borland also threw in
> r> the update CD for me(to save shipping costs...aren't they nice?).
> r> So I want to sell the original CD.

>You are only allowed to use the update CD if you are the owner of the
>original CD. So by selling your original CD you give up your rights to use
>the update CD. I don't think that's what you want.

Thanks Arjan for pointing out my error as others have done. See my PUBLIC
APOLOGY in a previous article in this thread.

Kris Wilk

Buga Buga wrote:

> reef...@interlog.com wrote:

> you should quit looking at overpriced catalogs. D2 developer is $289
> US with all docs included at most retail stores. D1 is $89 US.
> Don't try to rip people off!

> >I have an extra Delphi Developer 2.0 CD-ROM for sale. I *just* (yesterday) got
> >my shipment of Delphi Dev 2.0 from Borland and was happily surprised to find
> >TWO CDs in the box. One is the original CD that was in there and it seems
> >Borland also threw in the update CD for me(to save shipping costs...aren't
> >they nice?). So I want to sell the original CD (Which I installed first not
> >knowing which CD was which...it works great!). Here's a chance for some lucky
> >programmer to get a PERFECTLY NEW AND WORKING CD for a *heck* of a lot less
> >than retail prices. For example, Computer Discount Warehouse (www.cdw.com)
> >sells this product for a whopping $525.54 US, or $720 CAN (item #63254)!!
> >I want only $300 US (or $410 Canadian). Note that I can't give you the
> >manuals, but the help files are almost exact copies (with full text search, I
> >might add!) and are part of the CD. Also remember: Delphi 1.02 in all its
> >Windows 3.1 developing glory is INCLUDED on the CD, with manuals in adobe
> >acrobat format (with reader)!

> >Let me know if you're interested. This will go fast!

> >Kris Wilk
> >ReefNet Software

Hmmm... 300 dollars US... WHAT A RIP-OFF!!! I got my copy through legit
sources (office equipement supplier) for LESS than $150 US. I also got
ALL of the documentation!

In article <4tb6nh$...@news.indy.net>, br...@indy.net (Buga Buga) wrote:
>reef...@interlog.com wrote:

>you should quit looking at overpriced catalogs. D2 developer is $289
>US with all docs included at most retail stores. D1 is $89 US.
>Don't try to rip people off!

I genuinely WAS NOT trying to rip people off. $289 must be the upgrade. I
looked long and hard and CDW's price (just over $500) was the one I chose. CDW
has the *competitive upgrade* for $257, so that's why I tend to think your
price is for an upgrade. If I am mistaken please let me know where it's so
cheap...somehow I don't think I am though.

Kris Wilk

reef...@interlog.com writes:
> In article <4tb6nh$...@news.indy.net>, br...@indy.net (Buga Buga) wrote:
> >reef...@interlog.com wrote:

> >you should quit looking at overpriced catalogs. D2 developer is $289
> >US with all docs included at most retail stores. D1 is $89 US.
> >Don't try to rip people off!

> I genuinely WAS NOT trying to rip people off. $289 must be the upgrade. I
> looked long and hard and CDW's price (just over $500) was the one I chose. CDW
> has the *competitive upgrade* for $257, so that's why I tend to think your
> price is for an upgrade. If I am mistaken please let me know where it's so
> cheap...somehow I don't think I am though.

> Kris Wilk

for Reefnet

Seeing as you got it for nothing, and you are selling the OLD one, without docs,
 you should be cheaper than any upgrade - competitive or not.

Send it to a deserving cause, or maybe Borland will give you some money back.

reef...@interlog.com wrote:
>In article <19960724215916....@{*word*104}nw.com>, n...@{*word*104}nw.com (J. Norsworthy) wrote:
>>You cannot sell the other CD legally.  You own only one license to the
>>product regardless if two CD's were included in the box.

>Let me first say thank you for pointing out my error so quickly (as many other
>did). The following is the message I have posted in all locations where my
>original message appeared. Please accept my apologies - I hope you can forgive
>me. I couldn't feel much worse right about now.

>Kris Wilk

>~~~~~~~~~~~
>To all those on this list, I wish to give you all a *VERY LARGE APOLOGY*. I
>must say that I didn't read the licensing papers that came with my software,
>and now realize my grave mistake in trying to sell the extra CD of mine. I
>*vehemently* oppose piracy, being a starting programmer myself, and want to
>make it clear to you all that I am not a pirate. I just hope that all of you
>can try to forgive me for what I unknowingly implied about myself with my
>admittedly *stupid* first message. Needless to say, I am NOT selling my old
>copy of Delphi 2.0. I have instead chosen to destroy it.

Stop don't destroy it, as a registered owner you are entitled to make and
or keep as many copies as you like for personal archival purposes.

Fredrick Bartlett
Tech. Support Analyst
ADP

Re:FOR SALE: Delphi Developer 2.0 $300 US / $410 CAN

How about donating it to a local school? Most software companies have a policy
of allowing software to be recycled to schools. If its not too late, check with
Borland.

In article <31F9689B.5...@chiba.netxn.com>, Gerv <g...@chiba.netxn.com> wrote:

>Hmmm... 300 dollars US... WHAT A RIP-OFF!!! I got my copy through legit
>sources (office equipement supplier) for LESS than $150 US. I also got
>ALL of the documentation!

An upgrade no doubt. I bought my copy for $525 US form CDW (www.cdw.com). I
judged my asking price by what I paid. I honestly DID NOT think I was
trying to rip anyone off. It doesn't matter anymore since it's not available
for sale.

Kris Wilk

In article <4tb6nh$...@news.indy.net> br...@indy.net (Buga Buga) writes:
>From: br...@indy.net (Buga Buga)
>Subject: Re: FOR SALE: Delphi Developer 2.0 $300 US / $410 CAN
>Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 21:47:29 GMT
>reef...@interlog.com wrote:
>you should quit looking at overpriced catalogs. D2 developer is $289
>US with all docs included at most retail stores. D1 is $89 US.
>Don't try to rip people off!
>>I have an extra Delphi Developer 2.0 CD-ROM for sale. I *just* (yesterday) got
>>my shipment of Delphi Dev 2.0 from Borland and was happily surprised to find
>>TWO CDs in the box. One is the original CD that was in there and it seems
>>Borland also threw in the update CD for me(to save shipping costs...aren't
>>they nice?). So I want to sell the original CD (Which I installed first not
>>knowing which CD was which...it works great!). Here's a chance for some lucky
>>programmer to get a PERFECTLY NEW AND WORKING CD for a *heck* of a lot less
>>than retail prices. For example, Computer Discount Warehouse (www.cdw.com)
>>sells this product for a whopping $525.54 US, or $720 CAN (item #63254)!!
>>I want only $300 US (or $410 Canadian). Note that I can't give you the
>>manuals, but the help files are almost exact copies (with full text search, I
>>might add!) and are part of the CD. Also remember: Delphi 1.02 in all its
>>Windows 3.1 developing glory is INCLUDED on the CD, with manuals in adobe
>>acrobat format (with reader)!
>>Let me know if you're interested. This will go fast!
>>Kris Wilk
>>ReefNet Software

Kris:

You are aware that in most cases, the license from a software vendor covers
both the original and any updates.  Therefore, you only have one license and
can't sell (or even donate) the old versions.  Borland may or may not kick at
your trying to sell the original, but there are ethics to consider.  How would
you (and now your company) rather be known on the net?

Just a friendly thought.....

-D

Re:FOR SALE: Delphi Developer 2.0 $300 US / $410 CAN

Hi there.

br...@indy.net (Buga Buga) wrote:
>D1 is $89 US.
>Don't try to rip people off!

Here in the UK D1 desktop is selling in PC World at 199 UK
pounds! (300 dollars?). When I commented about a month ago on
this price I was told it was a bargain! Huh!

I bought a second hand copy with all manuals etc. for 50 pounds
eventually. (Thanks again!)

---
Mic.
From windy Worthing; England.