Adaptive Server Anywhere Problem

Hi,

I'm trying to access a Adaptive Server Anywhere database. Everytime I try to
connect to the database I get the following database error:

"[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] Invalid user authorization
specification: Integrated logins are not permitted. Alias: EasyLog212?"

Until now I tried the following ways:

 - Changed the Login type of the System DNS to "Use integreated login"
 - Changed the specified User ID and Password for the login type "Supply
user ID and password"
 - Used a TDatabase to specify USERNAME and PASSWORD
 - Used a plain TTable to access the data via the System DNS alias

None of them worked. Does anybody know how to access such a db?
Thanks!
 - tobias (tobi...@winkfz.de)

Re:Adaptive Server Anywhere Problem

1) Change "Use Integrated Login" to "Specify UserName and Password"
2) Make sure that your connection method (TCP/IP?) is correct
3) Make sure the database name is valid and the database server is running
4) Try to open the connection in the BDE. If it fails fix this before moving on
the Delphi

5) In Delphi, Drop a TDatabase and set the DatabaseAlias to your BDE Alias
6) Set the user name and password, set the LoginPrompt to FALSE
7) Change Connected to TRUE, if it doe not connect, then your TDatabase settings
are wrong

8) Now you can drop a TTable (bad idea) or a TQuery (better method) and set data
from the database.

I also suggest that you get NativeDB www.nativedb.com which provides the most
efficient link to SQL Anywhere.

Best Regards,

Allen.

Tobias Mueller wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to access a Adaptive Server Anywhere database. Everytime I try to
> connect to the database I get the following database error:

> "[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] Invalid user authorization
> specification: Integrated logins are not permitted. Alias: EasyLog212?"

> Until now I tried the following ways:

>  - Changed the Login type of the System DNS to "Use integreated login"
>  - Changed the specified User ID and Password for the login type "Supply
> user ID and password"
>  - Used a TDatabase to specify USERNAME and PASSWORD
>  - Used a plain TTable to access the data via the System DNS alias

> None of them worked. Does anybody know how to access such a db?
> Thanks!
>  - tobias (tobi...@winkfz.de)

Re:Adaptive Server Anywhere Problem

Go into the ODBC Data Sources in Windows Control Panel, and change the
connection settings on the Login page so the data source is set up with your
user name and password for login, NOT "integrated login". Click the "Test
connection" button to make sure you can connect. Get the ODBC data source
working first, then move back to the BDE Administrator in Control Panel and
make sure the BDE can connect to the data source, then get your application
working through the BDE.

I use NativeDB as middleware in my Delphi applications, but BDE/ODBC should
work okay for you. Sybase has a white paper with some tips about ASA and
Delphi, including BDE/ODBC configuration, at
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1010193.

  Richard

"Tobias Mueller" <tobi...@winkfz.de> wrote in message

> I'm trying to access a Adaptive Server Anywhere database. Everytime I try
> connect to the database I get the following database error:

> "[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] Invalid user
authorization
> specification: Integrated logins are not permitted. Alias: EasyLog212?"

Re:Adaptive Server Anywhere Problem

Open ISQL and check the option LOGIN_MODE, it should be either MIXED or
STANDARD.
To get option use "get option" command, to change it use "set option"
command:
set option public.login_mode=mixed.
That's server side part.

--
Robert

Tobias Mueller wrote in message <3c3f0660_1@dnews>...
>Hi,

>I'm trying to access a Adaptive Server Anywhere database. Everytime I try
>connect to the database I get the following database error:

>"[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] Invalid user authorization
>specification: Integrated logins are not permitted. Alias: EasyLog212?"

>Until now I tried the following ways:

> - Changed the Login type of the System DNS to "Use integreated login"
> - Changed the specified User ID and Password for the login type "Supply
>user ID and password"
> - Used a TDatabase to specify USERNAME and PASSWORD
> - Used a plain TTable to access the data via the System DNS alias

>None of them worked. Does anybody know how to access such a db?
>Thanks!
> - tobias (tobi...@winkfz.de)

Other Threads