Paradox to InterBase using TBatchMove (batAppend/Update) = Capability Not Supported

Hi,

I need to (programmatically in Delphi) copy records out of an InterBase
database, and back in again using Paradox tables as a kind of "go-between".
 The paradox tables will be emailed from one system to another.

I can get the data out of an interbase table using TBatchMove in batCopy
mode.  However, when I try the operation in reverse, using any one of
batAppend, batUpdate or batAppendUpdate, and swapping source and
destination ttables over, I get the "capability not supported" error
message.

I have seen posts in Deja-news which would indicate that this kind of
operation is possible, although they didn't indicate how.  Please help
someone?

Thanks

Stu.