table not indexed for non dbo user

I created a delphi 3 app using a sql server account that is dbo.

I want to create another account, not dbo, that uses the app.
After creating the account and running the delphi app, the delphi app
does not seem to be able to "see" any of the indexes on the tables.
The delphi app gives off the message "index not found", when using the non
dbo
account.  I have tried giving "grant all" on each table to the non dbo
account, but
this does not help.  Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

- Ed B.

Re:table not indexed for non dbo user

We too struggled with this one for a while - what you need to do is
to name the table dbo.mytablename in the TTable component.

If your table in the SQL Server is named Customers then type
dbo.customers in the tablename field of the TTable.

In a tquery - there is no such problem.

Mattias

>I want to create another account, not dbo, that uses the app.
>After creating the account and running the delphi app, the delphi app
>does not seem to be able to "see" any of the indexes on the tables.
>The delphi app gives off the message "index not found", when using the non
>dbo
>account.  I have tried giving "grant all" on each table to the non dbo
>account, but
>this does not help.  Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Other Threads