Importing Paradox constraints with TTable.Constraints ...

Hi,

        I'm trying to intercept invalid entries in a DBGrid but Delphi
doesn't seem to import the constraints of my Paradox table. Borland
describes the Constraints property as a Boolean that enables this
exchange of parameters. In fact the type of TTable.Constraints is
really TCheckConstraints wich seems to accept an SQL string that
replaces (or adds?) to the table's constraints.

        I've been able to succesfully redefine some of the  original
constraints but the SQL string is limited to 255 characters and I
can't define all the constraints I need. There must be a more elegant
way to "trully" import a table's constraints.

        Thanks for your help.

Tobie.