how to create table with field's default value

can i create a table using TTable.CreateTable, which I want to set some
fields with a default value.

if cannot, how can i set it?

thx for any help
Johanes

Re:how to create table with field's default value

>can i create a table using TTable.CreateTable, which I want to set some
>fields with a default value.

To set defaults on Paradox tables you need to use dbiDoRestructure.
there are examples at
http://www.Borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbidorestructure.html

However you probably will find it a lot easier to set the default expression
property of the ttable's Tfields

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:how to create table with field's default value

write the default values in the table.AfterIinsert event.

forums.inprise.com <johanes.l...@kreators.com> a crit dans le message :
7ttmd4$s...@forums.borland.com...

> can i create a table using TTable.CreateTable, which I want to set some
> fields with a default value.

> if cannot, how can i set it?

> thx for any help
> Johanes