"Database Login" screen with Paradox Tables

Hi Stephen,

Two points:

1- Try to set the LoginPrompt property of your TDatabase to false.

2- Maybe you set a password to a paradox table, first use DataBase Desktop
to find the table and delete the password or give the password on runtime

Session.AddPassword('');

Stephen Ahn escribi en mensaje <36C81F6F....@senalink.com.au>...

>Using Delphi 3.02, BDE 4.51, Paradox Tables.

>At one of our client's sites, when our app starts up, it comes
>up with the "Database Login" screen (ie. the one that prompts
>you for the Username and Password, that you see with Client/Server
>databases like Interbase). How is this possible when our app
>only uses Paradox tables ? If the user leaves the Username
>and Password field blank, then presses OK, the app seems
>to continue on as expected.

>The app runs fine at other client's sites.
>As far as I could tell the BDE configuration file and
>registry settings looked fairly "normal".
>Workstations are running Win 95 on Novell Network.

>Has anybody else experienced this using Paradox tables ?

>Thanks in advance.

Re:"Database Login" screen with Paradox Tables

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 00:21:51 +1100, Stephen Ahn <s...@senalink.com.au>
wrote:

>Using Delphi 3.02, BDE 4.51, Paradox Tables.

>At one of our client's sites, when our app starts up, it comes
>up with the "Database Login" screen (ie. the one that prompts
>you for the Username and Password, that you see with Client/Server
>databases like Interbase). How is this possible when our app
>only uses Paradox tables ? If the user leaves the Username
>and Password field blank, then presses OK, the app seems
>to continue on as expected.

>The app runs fine at other client's sites.
>As far as I could tell the BDE configuration file and
>registry settings looked fairly "normal".
>Workstations are running Win 95 on Novell Network.

>Has anybody else experienced this using Paradox tables ?

Paradox tables may be encrypted. Such protected tables result in the
display of a password dialog when opened (unless a handler is provided for
the TSession.OnPassword event). However, this password dialog is only used
on a table-by-table basis and looks very different from the database login
dialog. So I would assume you are seeing the latter rather than the former.

If you are truly seeing a database login dialog, I would put the most
likely cause as using the wrong driver to access a Paradox database.
Specifically that the application is using an ODBC driver rather than the
native BDE driver for Paradox. You are using an alias to point to the
Paradox database? If so, use the BDE Administrator on this one machine
where this is failing and double-check the driver being used. Ensure that
it is the native BDE driver and not an ODBC driver.

Steve Koterski                       "For people who like peace and quiet:
Technical Publications               a phoneless cord."
INPRISE Corporation                                             -- Unknown
http://www.inprise.com/delphi

Other Threads