Delphi 2 with Win95 Network

I have a Windows 95 network. I need to install my application in all
stations or there is a way to install only in a server? Can I proceed to
this?

Thanks advanced.
Rodrigo
Brazil

My e-mail address is:
cads...@unix.horizontes.com.br

Re:Delphi 2 with Win95 Network

In article <01bc7d7a$92805fa0$83e2eec8@glausonmendes>,
cads...@unix.horizontes.com.br says...

> I have a Windows 95 network. I need to install my application in all
> stations or there is a way to install only in a server? Can I proceed to
> this?

> Thanks advanced.
> Rodrigo
> Brazil

> My e-mail address is:
> cads...@unix.horizontes.com.br

Rodrigo - as long as required support files (DLL's and OCX's) are on the
client machines and the machines can see each other (shared drives) you
should be able to run a Delphi app across your network.  I have a Win95
network and haven't run into any strangeness (in this regard at least

Regards,

Kimo

Re:Delphi 2 with Win95 Network

But dont forget that when the network get crowded with more than one the
application will take more and more time. And the user will be very
irritated. We are experiencing this now at my work where some of the apps
are run over the network. There is also some who run windows 3.11 over the
network. :(

Real headache that is. Keep the network clean from traffic that don't need
to be there. Just my experiences the choice is up to you.

> > I have a Windows 95 network. I need to install my application in all
> > stations or there is a way to install only in a server? Can I proceed
> > this?
> Rodrigo - as long as required support files (DLL's and OCX's) are on the
> client machines and the machines can see each other (shared drives) you
> should be able to run a Delphi app across your network.  I have a Win95
> network and haven't run into any strangeness (in this regard at least

Other Threads