Stream Problem

Hi,
        I am looking for a possible solution to the following problem. I have a
component that has a TStringList property. When I write this component
to disk using a TFileStream object, the strings I entered into the
stringlist property are saved as well, meaning that when I read the
component back in using another TFileStream, the strings are still
stored in the stringlist property.

The problem I have is how to get a similar effect for a TList. In my
component, there is a public TList variable, the contents of which I
would like be to written to disk with the component, like the contents
of the stringlist above. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for any help,

Dave.

{We are writing this in Delphi 1.0)
--
Internet: sa...@sarus.com
Compuserve: 100126.2...@compuserve.com

"Chernobyl used MACs"

Re:Stream Problem

David Wright wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am looking for a possible solution to the following problem. I have a
> component that has a TStringList property. When I write this component
> to disk using a TFileStream object, the strings I entered into the
> stringlist property are saved as well, meaning that when I read the
> component back in using another TFileStream, the strings are still
> stored in the stringlist property.

> The problem I have is how to get a similar effect for a TList. In my
> component, there is a public TList variable, the contents of which I
> would like be to written to disk with the component, like the contents
> of the stringlist above. Is there any way to do this?

> Thanks for any help,

> Dave.

What's in your Tlist?

Mark