Removing border from TPageControl...

Does anyone know how to stop TPageControl from drawing a raised border?

Basically I want to create the effect of multiple tab sheets overlying
each other, but bot present it as a tabbed page control. I have made the
tabs invisible, but every attempt to remove the border from the page
control component itself has failed :-(

I have even tried removing the WS_BORDER flag from the windows style for
the page control using setwindowlong, but investigation reveals that
TPagecontrol.Handle it returns the parents handle. I can see that
setting the parent to nil will force it to create a handle for itself,
but I don't think this will work as the parent property needs to be set
for the component to be displayed etc...

Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA,

Raymond.
--