read/write access Procedure.

I work with wave files (BIG) so i needed a procedure to give me read
write access to them when my prorgam ran and opened one.
Basically in my unit I use Blockread and Blockwrite to copy the file
delete the old one and rename the new one to the old ones name. If any
one knows of a better way please X2 let me know, also if anyone wants
the Source for this unit let me know.

--
______________________________
Adam Anderson. Comms Tech.

Re:read/write access Procedure.

Adam Anderson wrote:
> I work with wave files (BIG) so i needed a procedure to give me read
> write access to them when my prorgam ran and opened one.
> Basically in my unit I use Blockread and Blockwrite to copy the file
> delete the old one and rename the new one to the old ones name. If any
> one knows of a better way please X2 let me know, also if anyone wants
> the Source for this unit let me know.

As long as you're not adding data, only changing it, just open the file
for reading/writing.  To do this, simply make sure filemode is 2 (the
default), assign the file, then call reset() to open the file.  You
don't need any other special procedure.

> --
> Adam Anderson. Comms Tech.
> Email must contain Adam97 in