MS-SQL Server with BDE Connection

How to connect to MS-SQL Server + BDE Connection with Use NT authentication
?

regards

s.hakim

Re:MS-SQL Server with BDE Connection

You can use ODBC connections, with system DSN connected to your SQL Server.
It is recognized by BDE
bye

Nico

"Hakim" <sha...@telkom.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> How to connect to MS-SQL Server + BDE Connection with Use NT
authentication
> ?

> regards

> s.hakim

Re:MS-SQL Server with BDE Connection

Depends a little on the version of MSSQL.
With 7.0, make sure..
- The BDE alias's USER NAME is blank
- Your TDatabase LoginPrompt = False
- Your TDatabase parameters USER NAME / PASSWORD are blank or not in the
list.

With 2000
- Same as above
- Set/change the alias in MSSQL's Client Network Utility to Named Pipes
(will not work with the faster TCP/IP setting)

Best long term solution, use ADO.  BDE is no longer supported by Borland and
MSSQL's DBLib (which the BDE uses) is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Good luck,
krf

"Hakim" <sha...@telkom.net> wrote in message

> How to connect to MS-SQL Server + BDE Connection with Use NT
authentication
> ?

> regards

> s.hakim

Re:MS-SQL Server with BDE Connection

> Depends a little on the version of MSSQL.
> With 7.0, make sure..
> - The BDE alias's USER NAME is blank

Also make sure the USER NAME in the config tab (for the MSSQL driver) of the
BDE admin is blank.

--

Alain Quesnel
alainsanss...@logiquel.com

www.logiquel.com

"Kevin Frevert" <ke...@workdrinkingcoffee.com> wrote in message

> Depends a little on the version of MSSQL.
> With 7.0, make sure..
> - The BDE alias's USER NAME is blank
> - Your TDatabase LoginPrompt = False
> - Your TDatabase parameters USER NAME / PASSWORD are blank or not in the
> list.

> With 2000
> - Same as above
> - Set/change the alias in MSSQL's Client Network Utility to Named Pipes
> (will not work with the faster TCP/IP setting)

> Best long term solution, use ADO.  BDE is no longer supported by Borland
and
> MSSQL's DBLib (which the BDE uses) is no longer supported by Microsoft.

> Good luck,
> krf

> "Hakim" <sha...@telkom.net> wrote in message
> > How to connect to MS-SQL Server + BDE Connection with Use NT
> authentication
> > ?

> > regards

> > s.hakim

Re:MS-SQL Server with BDE Connection

I still can't connect to sql server...but if use ADO
success...:(...Configuration in my place :
-- Windows XP
-- Delphi 5
-- SQL Server 2000 ( Personal )

"Alain Quesnel" <alainsanss...@logiquel.com> wrote in message

> > Depends a little on the version of MSSQL.
> > With 7.0, make sure..
> > - The BDE alias's USER NAME is blank

> Also make sure the USER NAME in the config tab (for the MSSQL driver) of
the
> BDE admin is blank.

> --

> Alain Quesnel
> alainsanss...@logiquel.com

> www.logiquel.com

Re:MS-SQL Server with BDE Connection

Do you have a Windows domain? I don't think you can do NT authentication
with the BDE if you're running MSSQL locally. I did manage to do it with ADO
however. Do you log on to a Windows domain when you open a Windows session
on Windows XP?

In order to achieve NT authentication with the BDE, I believe MSSQL has to
run on a separate machine, and you need a Primary Domain Controller on the
network. The PDC and the MSSQL server can be the same physical machine.

The idea behind NT authentication is that once you have authenticated
yourself as a Windows domain user (on a network), you're good to go with any
database(s) that you are authorized to use on MSSQL (determined by user
rights on MSSQL). You don't need to supply your user name and password again
to start a DB application, for example. Windows domains typically don't
exist on stand alone machines, unless you're running Windows NT server or
Windows 2000 server or Windows 2003 server on that machine.

--

Alain Quesnel
alainsanss...@logiquel.com

www.logiquel.com

> I still can't connect to sql server...but if use ADO
> success...:(...Configuration in my place :
> -- Windows XP
> -- Delphi 5
> -- SQL Server 2000 ( Personal )

> "Alain Quesnel" <alainsanss...@logiquel.com> wrote in message
> > > Depends a little on the version of MSSQL.
> > > With 7.0, make sure..
> > > - The BDE alias's USER NAME is blank

> > Also make sure the USER NAME in the config tab (for the MSSQL driver) of
> the
> > BDE admin is blank.

> > --

> > Alain Quesnel