BIG BIG BIG problem? - or it is normal?

I has a application write using IBX compopnentes, and it works well but now
I have change this application to use the dbExpress component and my problem
STARTS!!!

I am having problem to updates some table like this :

select * from table1

SQLClientDataSet.Locate...
Edit
Post
ApplyUpdates.

BUG... ( Unable to find record. No key specified. )

I have changes all the ProviderFlags correctly and
NOTHING...
Changes the UpdateMode and
NOTHING...

( I need to use dbExpress because I can have the database at Interbase,
Oracle and SQL Server )

the Interbase is a : Firebird server 1.0 796 but if I need I can back to the
Interbase server (FREE)

Anybody help-me?

--
Vinicius Marques De Bernardi
Maxtrack

Re:BIG BIG BIG problem? - or it is normal?

Upper case your SQL statement

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:BIG BIG BIG problem? - or it is normal?

THANK YOU!!!
IT WORKS!!!
Why?

Vinicius Marques De Bernardi
( Try to make the things work... )

"Thomas Miller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> escreveu na mensagem

> Upper case your SQL statement

> Vinicius wrote:
> > I has a application write using IBX compopnentes, and it works well but
now
> > I have change this application to use the dbExpress component and my
problem
> > STARTS!!!

> > I am having problem to updates some table like this :

> > select * from table1

> > SQLClientDataSet.Locate...
> > Edit
> > Post
> > ApplyUpdates.

> > BUG... ( Unable to find record. No key specified. )

> > I have changes all the ProviderFlags correctly and
> > NOTHING...
> > Changes the UpdateMode and
> > NOTHING...

> > ( I need to use dbExpress because I can have the database at Interbase,
> > Oracle and SQL Server )

> > the Interbase is a : Firebird server 1.0 796 but if I need I can back to
the
> > Interbase server (FREE)

> > Anybody help-me?

> > --
> > Vinicius Marques De Bernardi
> > Maxtrack

> --
> Thomas Miller
> Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

> http://www.bss-software.com

Re:BIG BIG BIG problem? - or it is normal?

I noticed 2 problems

First : You cannot use another types of UpdateMode, just the UpWhereAll

Second : If you have another problem with the table not found, I have change
all my SQL to a UPPER CASE and WORKS!!!

Vinicius Marques De Bernardi
( Try to make the things work... )

"Thomas Miller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> escreveu na mensagem

> Upper case your SQL statement

> Vinicius wrote:
> > I has a application write using IBX compopnentes, and it works well but
now
> > I have change this application to use the dbExpress component and my
problem
> > STARTS!!!

> > I am having problem to updates some table like this :

> > select * from table1

> > SQLClientDataSet.Locate...
> > Edit
> > Post
> > ApplyUpdates.

> > BUG... ( Unable to find record. No key specified. )

> > I have changes all the ProviderFlags correctly and
> > NOTHING...
> > Changes the UpdateMode and
> > NOTHING...

> > ( I need to use dbExpress because I can have the database at Interbase,
> > Oracle and SQL Server )

> > the Interbase is a : Firebird server 1.0 796 but if I need I can back to
the
> > Interbase server (FREE)

> > Anybody help-me?

> > --
> > Vinicius Marques De Bernardi
> > Maxtrack

> --
> Thomas Miller
> Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

> http://www.bss-software.com

Re:BIG BIG BIG problem? - or it is normal?

The TDataSetProvider automatically quotes all database objects.

Why?  I don't know, but hopefully we will see a flag in D7 to
turn this "feature" on and off.

You are better off setting this kind of stuff using the TField
provider flags.  Make sure you set them on the source TSQLDataset,
not the TClientDataset.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software