EAccessviolation when inserting

I'm trying to combine a DbGrid, a DbNavigator and the corresponding
DbFields in an Explorer-style dialog (left/right sided), using Delphi
2.0 and Paradox tables.

Whenever I'm trying to insert a new record using the navigators +
button, I'm getting an EAccessviolation at 4CDEB8BF. Read of address
FFFFFFFF. Navigating, modifying or deleting is no problem. Funny thing
is, this only happens when navigating with the mouse, clicking the
rows of the grid. If I'm using the keyboard, inserts are no problem.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance

Ruediger

Re:EAccessviolation when inserting

I have gotten this type of error just to often with 2.0 not only in the
Delphi IDE but also with the Data Pump that comes with Delphi 2.0 C/S
and also with the Data Base Desktop. I have no doubts that there is a
serios error with the Borland BDE. I wonder when there is going to be a
patch for this....

Regards

Robert Allen Schambach

Other Threads