Desktop shortcut

Hi all.

I have a program which will be installed on a number of machines. Since
a number of users will be essentially computer semi-literate, it would
be best if the installation process automatically created a desktop
shortcut/icon. I thought I could do this by specifying an icon in
Installshield (Specify folders and Icons|Advanced) and choosing
Folder|Desktop folder. I enter the required information and click on OK.
If I then reopen the advanced page, I see that the name of the icon has
disappeared and that the application will have the default folder. And
when I run the installer, no icon appears on the desktop.

Am I missing something here? I'm using D5E and InstallShield Express for
D5.

Thanks

Joseph

Re:Desktop shortcut

You have to click the Modify Info buttion after you change settings of an
icon (before you click Ok) !

"Joseph McDonnell" <mcdonn...@bmg.eur.nl> wrote in message

> Hi all.

> I have a program which will be installed on a number of machines. Since
> a number of users will be essentially computer semi-literate, it would
> be best if the installation process automatically created a desktop
> shortcut/icon. I thought I could do this by specifying an icon in
> Installshield (Specify folders and Icons|Advanced) and choosing
> Folder|Desktop folder. I enter the required information and click on OK.
> If I then reopen the advanced page, I see that the name of the icon has
> disappeared and that the application will have the default folder. And
> when I run the installer, no icon appears on the desktop.

> Am I missing something here? I'm using D5E and InstallShield Express for
> D5.

> Thanks

> Joseph

Other Threads