SHOWMODAL AND DIE????

I have written a program where I move back and forth between different display
windows. Unfortunately the displays disappear if you click on the screen
outside of the display. In order to let the display stay put until the user
clicks the appropriate button, I have tried using SHOWMODAL instead of just
SHOW. But it does not seem to work the way it should. My question is this: Can
I hide and show modal windows the same way as modeless windows? What about
hiding a modal window and then show it again? As far as I can understand I do
not need the ModalResult function, as I am closing and releasing the windows
in the proper manner. Can somebody give me a short introduction into the
mysterious ways of getting windows to "stick" to the screen as long as I want
then to?????

Greetings,

Bernt Aardal

Re:SHOWMODAL AND DIE????

You can probably use StayOnTop windows. To do this, set your frmXXX.FormStyle
:= fsStayOnTop;
Of course, if you have multiple stay-on-top windows it would just delay the
problem one step only...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hope That Helps
Nikolai Sklobovsky,
Programmer-analyst,
Retail Technologies International, Inc.
email: ni...@retailrpo.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bernt Aardal wrote in message ...

>I have written a program where I move back and forth between different
display
>windows. Unfortunately the displays disappear if you click on the screen
>outside of the display. In order to let the display stay put until the user
>clicks the appropriate button, I have tried using SHOWMODAL instead of just
>SHOW. But it does not seem to work the way it should. My question is this:
Can
>I hide and show modal windows the same way as modeless windows? What about
>hiding a modal window and then show it again? As far as I can understand I do
>not need the ModalResult function, as I am closing and releasing the windows
>in the proper manner. Can somebody give me a short introduction into the
>mysterious ways of getting windows to "stick" to the screen as long as I want
>then to?????

>Greetings,

>Bernt Aardal

Re:SHOWMODAL AND DIE????

In article <boa.26.34587...@isaf.no>, b...@isaf.no says...

> in the proper manner. Can somebody give me a short introduction into the
> mysterious ways of getting windows to "stick" to the screen as long as I want
> then to?????

I'm not pretty sure I understood what you meant, but I think using
fsStayOnTop for the Form Style will do.

--
HTH,
Carlos