Sudden DLL requirement

After changing my program it suddenly requires BIVBX11.DLL.
It seems that machines without Delphi installed do not have this file.

What does this file do, and what have I done to make my program
suddenly need it.

One of the good things with Delphi is the single EXE file it
produces. Not anymore though!

Any ideas to help me out?

Anders J

--
---------------------------
Anders Johansson

Re:Sudden DLL requirement

>   Anders Johansson <and...@hadelko.se> writes:
>  After changing my program it suddenly requires BIVBX11.DLL.
>  It seems that machines without Delphi installed do not have this file.

The information for the file says it is a VBX emulation library and Borland is the owner.

Have you incorporated any vbx's?

johan

Re:Sudden DLL requirement

This one took awhile for me to figure out (answer of course was documented
someplace), but one of your units uses clause probably contains a reference
to another unit which is one of the Delphi-VBX units. This can happen when
you drop one of these wrapped VBX's on your form. If the VBX is still
there, then you DO have to include BIVBX11.DLL (it's Ok, Borland licenses
you to do this).

However if you don't use the VBX, just remove the offending file from the
uses clause and the requirement will go away.

--
Kevin Herrmann
Enigma Medical Solutions, LLC

Anders Johansson <and...@hadelko.se> wrote in article
<33133372.7...@hadelko.se>...

> After changing my program it suddenly requires BIVBX11.DLL.
> It seems that machines without Delphi installed do not have this file.

> What does this file do, and what have I done to make my program
> suddenly need it.

Other Threads