320 by 200 with 16 bit color?

Anyone know how to do use a video mode of 320 by 200 with 16 bit color?

Re:320 by 200 with 16 bit color?

In article <APC&63'0'27af4d4c'...@glas.apc.org> Carl Dambman <carl...@glas.apc.org> writes:
>Anyone know how to do use a video mode of 320 by 200 with 16 bit color?

320x200x64K should be supported by any good VESA library (mode $10e).  I'm
not sure how widely supported that mode is in general though.  I've used
several different SVGA cards and have yet to find one that supports that
resolution at 16-bit color depth.

--
Scott F. Earnest           | We now return you to our regularly scheduled
sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu | chaos and mayhem. . . .

Scott F. Earnest (sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu) wrote:
: In article <APC&63'0'27af4d4c'...@glas.apc.org> Carl Dambman <carl...@glas.apc.org> writes:

: >Anyone know how to do use a video mode of 320 by 200 with 16 bit color?

: 320x200x64K should be supported by any good VESA library (mode $10e).  I'm
: not sure how widely supported that mode is in general though.  I've used
: several different SVGA cards and have yet to find one that supports that
: resolution at 16-bit color depth.

Trident's 9420 card supports 320x200 at both 15,16 and 24 bit modes.
I've written a good VESA library that supports drawing at any of
15,16 and 24 bit modes.

Other Threads