Optional feature not implemented....

    Hi,

    I get 'Optional feature not implemented' error when I try to open an
Adodataset or Adostored procedure object which has a parameter of type
datetime.

for example :

    With AdoDataSet1 do
     begin
          CommandText := 'Select *    From Personnal    Where BirthDate =
:parBirthdate ';
          Parameters.ParamByName('parbirthDate').Value := Date;
          Open; //exception is raised here...
    end;

    I use Delphi 5.0 Entp. with update pack 1, SQL server 7.0 and MDAC 2.6
on a Windows Nt (service pack 4, 5).

thanks in advance.

Re:Optional feature not implemented....

>    I get 'Optional feature not implemented' error when I try to open an
>Adodataset or Adostored procedure object which has a parameter of type
>datetime.

I don't have any problem using your code although I am not using Mdac 2.6 every
thing else is the same.  Are you sure you have the parameter type defined as
ftDateTime?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Optional feature not implemented....

    Hi everybody,

    This problem is solved. The reason for the error was that we used a
System DSN of type SQL Server in ODBC. Instead, using a data link of type
Microsoft OLE DB Provider For SQL Server, there occurs no problem with data
time parameter operations... :o)

-erdem.

Erdem Gunay <erdem_gu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>     Hi,

>     I get 'Optional feature not implemented' error when I try to open an
> Adodataset or Adostored procedure object which has a parameter of type
> datetime.

> for example :

>     With AdoDataSet1 do
>      begin
>           CommandText := 'Select *    From Personnal    Where BirthDate =
> :parBirthdate ';
>           Parameters.ParamByName('parbirthDate').Value := Date;
>           Open; file://exception is raised here...
>     end;

>     I use Delphi 5.0 Entp. with update pack 1, SQL server 7.0 and MDAC 2.6
> on a Windows Nt (service pack 4, 5).

> thanks in advance.

Other Threads