RecNo with MSSQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

Is there a way to make RecNo work with SLQ Server using a TQuery or a
TTable....
HELP ME PLEASE!

--
David Roberge
Analyste/Programmeur

Re:RecNo with MSSQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

No. This is for Parado only. To simulate a recno in proper SQL you need to
use an auto increment field, but even then it will not behave the same way.
I'm afraid you will need to change you approach from desktop to
client/server.

--
Adroit Software Ltd
------------------------------

David Roberge <vt...@micropro.ca> wrote in message

> Is there a way to make RecNo work with SLQ Server using a TQuery or a
> TTable....
> HELP ME PLEASE!

> --
> David Roberge
> Analyste/Programmeur
> Micropro Novunix Lte
> (819) 346-7000 tel
> (819) 346-2215 fax

Re:RecNo with MSSQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

Yes, use my Components, and you will have Recno for all situations (table,
query, ...)

For SQL Sevrver you will need to connect via ODBC (either DAO or ADO).

www.gm-software.de

Re:RecNo with MSSQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

>I'm afraid you will need to change you approach from desktop to
>client/server.

That's not entirely true.
I have created a TDataSet descendant that supports RecNo and RecordCount by
caching the results in memory (basically like an in-memory table).
You could do the same for TQuery and TStoredProc, although it is quite a bit
of work and will slow down the retrieval of your result sets.

Cheers
John Hair
Designer Systems Ltd

Re:RecNo with MSSQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

Hi John!

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:11:18 +0100, "John Hair"

<jo...@kinetic-solutions.co.uk> wrote:
>I have created a TDataSet descendant that supports RecNo and RecordCount by
>caching the results in memory (basically like an in-memory table).
>You could do the same for TQuery and TStoredProc, although it is quite a bit
>of work and will slow down the retrieval of your result sets.

As for the RecNo it's clear they could implement it because as you
move down the dataset you just have to count records and records
itself are cached in memory while once fetched so I realy do not see
any reason why delphi could not implement RecNo in a TQuery component
- at least in some situations (that are all situations that I use).

tomi.

Re:RecNo with MSSQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

Re:RecNo with MSSQL Server 6.5 and 7.0

Help pls.

I just want to fill my TDBGrid column with RecNo.
Pls post if you have procedure
thanks

Tomislav Karda? wrote in message <37bd6efe.113708...@forums.inprise.com>...
>Hi John!

>On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:11:18 +0100, "John Hair"
><jo...@kinetic-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

>>I have created a TDataSet descendant that supports RecNo and RecordCount
by
>>caching the results in memory (basically like an in-memory table).
>>You could do the same for TQuery and TStoredProc, although it is quite a
bit
>>of work and will slow down the retrieval of your result sets.

>As for the RecNo it's clear they could implement it because as you
>move down the dataset you just have to count records and records
>itself are cached in memory while once fetched so I realy do not see
>any reason why delphi could not implement RecNo in a TQuery component
>- at least in some situations (that are all situations that I use).

>tomi.

Other Threads