MS SQL 3.5 ODBC Driver and BDE 4.1

All,

After upgrading our MS SQL Server ODBC drivers to 3.50.0xx almost all of our
stored procedures (SQL Server 6.5)  gave an operation not supported error
when running through the BDE. Returning to the 265.0252 drivers fixed the
problem so I assume it is an ODBC/BDE driver problem. Is Borland aware of
this? Is there a fix?

Alan

Re:MS SQL 3.5 ODBC Driver and BDE 4.1

I have received the same error using the TStoredProc component AND some
TQueries. Simple queries in TQuery seems to work.
The work around is to NOT use the TStoredProc component and call the stored
procedure using a TQuery.  The reverse is true for the TQuery.  Put the
"query" in a stored procedure and call it using a TQuery.

You gotta love MS.

Alan Fusco wrote in message <6dig7i$k...@forums.borland.com>...
>All,

>After upgrading our MS SQL Server ODBC drivers to 3.50.0xx almost all of
our
>stored procedures (SQL Server 6.5)  gave an operation not supported error
>when running through the BDE. Returning to the 265.0252 drivers fixed the
>problem so I assume it is an ODBC/BDE driver problem. Is Borland aware of
>this? Is there a fix?

>Alan

Re:MS SQL 3.5 ODBC Driver and BDE 4.1

I have had similar type errors, however, I have not had time to check, but
is the DBClient fix on the Borland Web site the  answer to  this problem, it
may be Borland :-)
Regards Jonathan

Re:MS SQL 3.5 ODBC Driver and BDE 4.1

I downloaded the DBClient.DLL and it did NOT fix my problem.
For me, If a TQuery or TStoredProc has param, then I get the "Operation not
Applicable"  If I change to build the query/SP with literals (SQL.ADD etc)
then all is well.

forums.borland.com wrote in message <6dmr2n$o1...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have had similar type errors, however, I have not had time to check, but
>is the DBClient fix on the Borland Web site the  answer to  this problem,
it
>may be Borland :-)
>Regards Jonathan

Other Threads