Outlook vs Outlook Express

I have Office 97. I had to stop using Outlook because it VERY frequently
crashed or locked my machine (AMD K6-2 300 w 64mb RAM -- Win98), so I have
been using Outlook Express instead, which seems stable for many months. Can
I use the OutlookApplication component with Outlook Express?

Jon

Re:Outlook vs Outlook Express

<<Jon:
Can I use the OutlookApplication component with Outlook Express?

No, sorry. OE is not automatable.

Outlook 98 is quite stable for me (and OE
sometimes freezes my machine.) But I use
Win 95, which might be the difference too.

Deborah Pate

Re:Outlook vs Outlook Express

>No, sorry. OE is not automatable.

Well, does Outlook use the same structures as OE? So, if I switch back to (a
later, hopefully fixed) version of Outlook, I will still have all my
newsgroups and headers, and all my saved email in the various folders???

Jon

Re:Outlook vs Outlook Express

<<Jon:
So, if I switch back to (a later, hopefully fixed) version of
Outlook, I will still have all my newsgroups and headers,
and all my saved email in the various folders???

Installing Outlook shouldn't affect your OE installation.
You can then import your OE email into Outlook if you
like. Not the newsgroups, though - I do wish MS would
amalgamate the two programs, but it doesn't seem to
be on the cards. :(

Deborah Pate

Other Threads