Game Tiles and graphics.

Does anyone know where I could get some images I could use for a rpg
type game I am making. (programmed in pascal, 16 bit 320x200 screen mode
with a top down perspective)  Such as tiles for the landscape or
people walking, or if anyone knows how I could make them easily.

(I am a bad artist, and an Ok programmer)

|                      Oliver
Batchelor                                                   |
Ba...@netaccess.co.nz                                         |
|Homepage :
http://users.netaccess.co.nz/Batch/                           |
|_________________________________________________|

Re:Game Tiles and graphics.

> how are you getting 16 bit color in 320x200?  i'm trying to "break the
> 256
> color barrier".

Well, I am actually using someone elses graphics library ( from virtual
technologies) :(It does 44 frames per second with full screen graphics
on my Pentium pro 150. (quite fast for 16 bit, but 8 bit does 113 fps !)

I cant actually remember the URL, but if you can find swag homepage look
in the links for turbo pascal and go to the "Turbo Pascal programmers
page"  and then in that page look under game programming and it will be
under there. (Thats how I found it)

> I am a good artist, but pressed for time.  if you know how to use
> photoshop
> or a 3-d modeller, i'd suggest photo-realistic.

Well, I can use pov-ray (Cant afford to pay for anyting better) but I am
not good enough to do things as complicated as humans.And my main
problem is to make tiles for where different types of terrain join up
like grass - mud and all the different images for corners and bends etc.

> I find a lot of scratch art

What exactly is scratch art ?

>   I also have some dirt, wood, stone and metal textures if
> you're interested.

Mabey, but they are probably not the right type and I already have some
for Pov-ray.

> the hardest part will be coming up with the characters,

Definately, humans are realy complicated....  But wouldnt it be easier
with top down ?Not as much detail needed ?

>   Is it straight top-down or a 3/4 view, or isometric?

Probably either top down or a 3/4 veiw for objects and walls etc. but
not the ground. (Would that work ?)  Isometric could be tricky with the
landscape not being square.

Thanks,

|                      Oliver
Batchelor                                                   |
Ba...@netaccess.co.nz                                         |
|Homepage :
http://users.netaccess.co.nz/Batch/                           |

Other Threads