IBX query components at design time

Jeff:

I've noticed in the IBX 4.52 update that if I make changes to a query
component (IBSQL, IBDataset), such as changing the SQL text, that the screen
freezes for 5-10 seconds after I click either OK or Cancel.  This only
happens when I don't have my IBDatabase active, which I usually don't at
design time.

I'm in the process of moving all of my existing BDE and FIB components over
to IBX and this issue is making it a very tedious process.  Is this
something you can look into for the next IBX update?  Is it something I can
change in the source myself easily enough?

Thanks,

Dan Palley
TRAMS, Inc.

Re:IBX query components at design time

Since you aren't connect to database, each time the SelectSQL editor starts
must connect to database and fetch table names from it. You can avoid such
efect making your database connected at design time but set
AllowStreamConnected to false. Then, when the database component is loaded
from stream it doesn't connect until you do it explicit by code.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Re:IBX query components at design time

I'm getting the delay -after- I close the SelectSQL editor, not when it
opens.  I'm just typing text directly into the SQL box and am nowt browsing
tables or fields.  Also, the TIBSQL component does not use the SelectSQL
editor and I still get the delay.

Dan

"Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> wrote in message

> Since you aren't connect to database, each time the SelectSQL editor
starts
> must connect to database and fetch table names from it. You can avoid such
> efect making your database connected at design time but set
> AllowStreamConnected to false. Then, when the database component is loaded
> from stream it doesn't connect until you do it explicit by code.

> --
> Sergio Samayoa
> Lgica Software
> http://www.geocities.com/logicasw/

Re:IBX query components at design time

I don't see this either with remote or local connections on the current version
I'm working on.  I can't think of anything that would have changed to do this
either though.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.

Re:IBX query components at design time

Jeff:

Sorry to bother you.  It appears to be an issue with my shared BDE/IBX
TDatabase component.  I retested the same form with a plain TIBDatabase
component as the Database source and the problem went away.

How are you coming with the 4.6 IBX update for Delphi 5?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Palley wrote:

> Jeff:

> Sorry to bother you.  It appears to be an issue with my shared BDE/IBX
> TDatabase component.  I retested the same form with a plain TIBDatabase
> component as the Database source and the problem went away.

> How are you coming with the 4.6 IBX update for Delphi 5?

There is a fix freeze except for the BCB static link problem.  That is the only
fix I plan on adding to 4.6 between now and the release.  I plan on having it
ready right around when D6 ships as they will be functionally pretty much the
same (with the same fixes from 4.52).  I just need to get a bit of time to work
on the BCB bug.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.
At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear
shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house.   (Heinlein)

Re:IBX query components at design time

Hi Dan
I am getting the same problem!
It doesn't happen all the time but one day it seemed to happen every time I
opened the SQL editor. Very annoying and worrying. I have also experienced
long delays 15 - 20 secs.

Will

"Dan Palley" <d...@trams.com> wrote in message news:3b168cea_1@dnews...
> I'm getting the delay -after- I close the SelectSQL editor, not when it
> opens.  I'm just typing text directly into the SQL box and am nowt
browsing
> tables or fields.  Also, the TIBSQL component does not use the SelectSQL
> editor and I still get the delay.

> Dan

> "Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> wrote in message
> > Since you aren't connect to database, each time the SelectSQL editor
> starts
> > must connect to database and fetch table names from it. You can avoid
such
> > efect making your database connected at design time but set
> > AllowStreamConnected to false. Then, when the database component is
loaded
> > from stream it doesn't connect until you do it explicit by code.

> > --
> > Sergio Samayoa
> > Lgica Software
> > http://www.geocities.com/logicasw/