My GDB file is damage.

You can try to use GFix from the command line to see if it can repair it.  Look
at the Operations Guide for instructions on GFix.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
  (Please do not email me directly unless asked.  Thank You)

Re:My GDB file is damage.

When I attemped to open my GDB file, I got a message "I/O error for file
"file.gdb" Error while trying to read from file unknown Win32 error"

Is there any way to repair this file?

P.S. I'm using IB6 beta with Delphi 5 + Update pack + IBX 4.1

Re:My GDB file is damage.

> When I attemped to open my GDB file, I got a message "I/O error for file
> "file.gdb" Error while trying to read from file unknown Win32 error"

> Is there any way to repair this file?

Are You sure that the file name and path are correct? I saw this message
once when I had an uncorrect path to GDB file...

Gert

Re:My GDB file is damage.

JeudSanit Thammachat wrote:

> When I attemped to open my GDB file, I got a message "I/O error for file
> "file.gdb" Error while trying to read from file unknown Win32 error"

> Is there any way to repair this file?

        This message, in all probability, does not indicate a problem with your
GDB file.  More likely, you are not connecting to it at all.  You can
use Database Validation within InterBase Server Manager to test the GDB,
but it's probably OK.

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz            Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer        http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Other Threads