Tdatabase componet don't work with paradox??

I have a program that I am developing and I would like to be able to the
the Tdatabase component. Every time I try to connect a paradox database
that I have defined the alias for I get the following error:  "Object Not
found". If I point my tdatabase component at the DBDEMOS database it
connects! What did I do or not do???? I noticed that some of my tables
are paradox 5.0 and the DBDEMOS tables are version 4.0. Any help on this
mater would be greatly appreciated.

 thanks so much

   --Frank

Frank Crenshaw  fccre...@usgs.gov
Computer Specalist
USGS Grand Junction, CO (970) 245-5257 ext. 3018
 "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

Re:Tdatabase componet don't work with paradox??

When do you get this error, when you try to connect?  What version of Delphi?
I had no problems connecting to a Paradox alias that I have defined.

********************************
Michael Glatz
glatzfa...@aol.com
mgl...@briefcase.com

Re:Tdatabase componet don't work with paradox??

With all delphi version, we don't have any trouble for connect a database to
Paradox.
You should create only one database component into your main form
then you should to enter the alias name, then the database name = local alias

the you should to specify the new local alias for all the table.

Frank C. Crenshaw wrote:
> I have a program that I am developing and I would like to be able to the
> the Tdatabase component. Every time I try to connect a paradox database
> that I have defined the alias for I get the following error:  "Object Not
> found". If I point my tdatabase component at the DBDEMOS database it
> connects! What did I do or not do???? I noticed that some of my tables
> are paradox 5.0 and the DBDEMOS tables are version 4.0. Any help on this
> mater would be greatly appreciated.

>  thanks so much

>    --Frank

> Frank Crenshaw  fccre...@usgs.gov
> Computer Specalist
> USGS Grand Junction, CO (970) 245-5257 ext. 3018
>  "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

Other Threads