Access Violations QR Preview?

Is the Access Violation bug when previewing Quick Reports only involved with
Access databases?

Or is this a problem with .dbf and .db databases also?

Re:Access Violations QR Preview?

The problem is not caused by Access, but by DAO. DAO is not thread-safe and
the QR preview component uses a second thread to display the preview. And
that doesn't work with DAO. I solved the same problem by storing the data in
a temporary Paradox table. It's not a beatifull solutions, but it works and
is a lot faster than Access.

Ed Giller wrote in message <76vvhe$d0...@forums.borland.com>...
>Is the Access Violation bug when previewing Quick Reports only involved
with
>Access databases?

>Or is this a problem with .dbf and .db databases also?

Re:Access Violations QR Preview?

I don't think that can be the cause of the problem, though it might be
related.  The problem also manifests itself for a fair number of people when
printing the report, not just in preview.  It also shows up for some people
only in the IDE -- everything works fine at runtime.  I had the problem at
runtime and designtime and when both printing and previewing.  It completely
vanished when I installed QR 3.04 standard and did a complete rebuild of the
application.

--
==================================
Ray Porter

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Kjeld <0505...@ptfe40.hro.nl> wrote in message

<77hsjc$r...@forums.borland.com>...
>The problem is not caused by Access, but by DAO. DAO is not thread-safe and
>the QR preview component uses a second thread to display the preview. And
>that doesn't work with DAO. I solved the same problem by storing the data
in
>a temporary Paradox table. It's not a beatifull solutions, but it works and
>is a lot faster than Access.

>Ed Giller wrote in message <76vvhe$d0...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Is the Access Violation bug when previewing Quick Reports only involved
>with
>>Access databases?

>>Or is this a problem with .dbf and .db databases also?

Other Threads