Component sizes changing -- help!

I'm developing some stuff at home and at work, so I'm moving
things back and forth between the two.  At home I added a
toolbar with some 25x25 speedbuttons, but when I look at
it on my machine at work the speedbuttons are 19x19 and
the first thing I have to do is go along resizing them
and restoring the layout. Any ideas why this might be
happening?

And a related problem (?): I'm trying to set tab widths on a
to the width of an appropriate number of spaces in the current
font.  I use Canvas.TextWidth(' ') for the form that the editor
is on, but I then have to multiply by 0.6 (at home) or 0.7-ish
(at work) to get it to give the correct value. Why?

Help!

 John English              | mailto:j...@brighton.ac.uk
 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.comp.it.bton.ac.uk/je
 Dept. of Computing        | fax: (+44) 1273 642405
 University of Brighton    |

Re:Component sizes changing -- help!

John English wrote:

> I'm developing some stuff at home and at work, so I'm moving
> things back and forth between the two.  At home I added a
> toolbar with some 25x25 speedbuttons, but when I look at
> it on my machine at work the speedbuttons are 19x19 and
> the first thing I have to do is go along resizing them
> and restoring the layout. Any ideas why this might be
> happening?

> And a related problem (?): I'm trying to set tab widths on a
> to the width of an appropriate number of spaces in the current
> font.  I use Canvas.TextWidth(' ') for the form that the editor
> is on, but I then have to multiply by 0.6 (at home) or 0.7-ish
> (at work) to get it to give the correct value. Why?

You are most likely experiencing problems related to differences in
resolution between the two desktops.  Try either matching the resolution
(800x600 or 1024x768) on both machines or limiting your form editing to
one machine.  You can edit code on any machine without affecting any
component properties.

Michael Gaskill
mgask...@qni.com

Other Threads