Can I write Dos applications using Turbo Pascal for Windows

Can I write Dos applications using Turbo Pascal 7.0 for windows,
and is the source code compatible with Turbo Pascal 7.0 ?

Re:Can I write Dos applications using Turbo Pascal for Windows

In message <3246B790.6...@nortel.ca> - Tony Zoght <bol...@nortel.ca> writes:

>Can I write Dos applications using Turbo Pascal 7.0 for windows,
>and is the source code compatible with Turbo Pascal 7.0 ?

With *Borland* Pascal you can, just set the target to Protected mode/Real
mode.  You can also work vice versa, and create Windows apps from DOS
(though running them is a tad difficult!).

Source code is not directly compatible, since you have to do things
differently in Windows than you would in DOS (eg you don't have direct
control of the screen), but if you're just doing things like writeln/readln,
you can use a Borland-provided unit (wincrt) that allows you to do these
things in a Windows-window.

Does that help?

Martin Hill
mch...@dial.pipex.com